Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Sweeps and revolves, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- So this lesson, we are lookin' at sweeps and revolves,…so exercise files, if you've got them,…it's Chapter 03 02.…Otherwise, what you need to do…is make a box that's about 1,200 by 1,200 by 1,200.…Or four feet by four feet by four feet.…And draw a circle, which is 1200 across, 600 radius.…This is 1,200 high, though again, that's four feet high,…and I've just created some little curves,…I've stepped this in to a square,…and stepped that back out.…
This one is subtly different,…it comes around as a curve,…then comes back out as a curve,…just to point out a few subtleties…with the way in which this behaves when we revolve it.…So, first of all, to create something like this,…select the surface, that's defining the path,…then use the Follow Me tool, and click on the first bit.…Space bar.…Click, Follow Me, click.…Space bar.…Click, Follow Me, click.…
Space bar, click.…Follow me, click.…Easy as that, okay?…So all we're doing is using the rectangle on the top…to define the path.…Then, with all the other little bits of geometry,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.