Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Slices, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015).
- So, we're in Chapter 09-04 call this Slices.…And, what I did was copied…the Ground Floor and the First Floor…as they were created, as a Slice,…into a separate folder.…It just makes life a little bit easier.…It also adds another level to the LayOut file…so we can link a separate file in…and this will act, then as our Wall Overlay.…So, currently, we've got two groups…which are a combination of Components…and various groups,…depending on the Layers that they were created.…
So, if I just go down and Right Click,…and let's do the first Explode…so I'm breaking down lot's of things.…I'm also getting rid of this thing.…And then, we'll start seeing what we've got.…Now, this one here, if I Right Click on this,…this is a Component.…So, if I just say Explode that.…And then, this thing is another Component…and I'll Explode this one.…What I want to get down to…is just the individual wall lines.…And, when I've got those,…then I should be fine.…These things will stay as Components.…
And, so will the Doors.…So, when I come to Edit…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.