Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Slices complete, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we are now in Chapter 9-05 and these are…the two slices that I've created.…The two floor plans.…This is the ground floor plan.…This is the first floor plan.…Took me about 30, 35 minutes probably to finish off…faffing around with these.…Trying to work out what color I wanted them and…messing around a little bit too much in this area.…Probably about 20 to 30 minutes of time…would take you to get these to reasonable sort of level.…As I pointed out previously, these things…which are components just take…seconds to update the whole thing.…
Once I created these windows knowing that the upstair…windows were the same size,…I didn't bother sorting those out.…I just copied them from here over to this plan.…So again, reuse a lot of the content.…Just because you're working in 2D doesn't mean to…say you can't continue to use the skills that you…picked up in the first series.…So with this sorted, I've set up a ground floor and…a first floor scene.…Just for my own benefit.…
So we'll go over to the Chapter 9-05…adding floor plan overlays file.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.