Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video SketchUp models as scrapbook elements, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- Okay, we're in 12-05…SketchUp models as scrapbook elements.…So I'm gonna use the arrows, 3D curved arrows,…and just show you how these work as scrapbook elements.…So let's go back to Document Setup and our references.…Nothing in our references files.…We'll close that down just so you can see…there's nothing there.…I'll bring this 3D arrow in,…and I'll bring this 3D arrow in.…These things are actually SketchUp models.…
They're not just a 2D line like these things are.…If I double-clicked on one of these,…then I've got access to that 3D model inside my viewport.…I can zoom in or out and resave the view.…Now back to File, Document Setup,…we now notice we've got on our Temporary folder…in our hard drive, we have two references, 706 and 708.…So these are those files.…Double-click that.…
And again, I can orientate this around.…Do what I like with it.…And a bit of a giveaway is if I clicked on this…and right-clicked then there would be Open with SketchUp,…Update Model Reference, those sorts of things.…And also, under the SketchUp model,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.