SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray
Create highly realistic 3D architectural drawings with V-Ray, a popular third-party renderer for SketchUp. This course shows how to take a single scene with interior/exterior elements and add lights, move cameras, and enhance objects with translucent and reflective surfaces. Author Brian Bradley explains concepts like irradiance mapping, perspective correction, and fixed rate sampling, while showing how to leverage each of the V-Ray tools and its material and lighting types to achieve specific effects.
- Installing V-Ray
- Creating natural daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Bouncing light around with irradiance mapping and light caches
- Setting up a depth-of-field effect
- Creating diffuse and reflective surfaces
- Working with the Adaptive DMC engine
- Manipulating color mapping
- Adding caustic lighting and occlusion effects
- [Voiceover] Hello and welcome to SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray. My name is Brian Bradley, and I am really excited to be able to introduce you to this powerful lighting and rendering solution for the SketchUp Application. As this course is designed to help us get up and running with V-Ray in SketchUp, we will, first of all, install and then set up V-Ray plugin in the SketchUp application. We will take a look at using V-Ray's extremely powerful and versatile lighting tools to add some illumination to our scene.
This will include examining the V-Ray sun and sky systems, which can be used to add natural looking daylight to our renders, as well as looking at some of the V-Ray specific light types available that can be used to mimic artificial light sources. We will naturally take a close look at the V-Ray standard material as it will help up recreate some useful real world material types. As V-Ray can easily be utilized as a virtual photography studio, we will want to put some of its effects tools to work and add an extra level or believability to our renders.
As we have all of this and more, let's go ahead and dive right in.
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniques103,105 Views
SketchUp Rendering Using Twilight53,410 Views
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012210,303 Views
Rendering Fundamentals with Rhino and V-Ray61,384 Views
Architectural Rendering with Rhino and V-Ray95,911 Views
SketchUp 2015 Essential Training575,071 Views
Revit Architecture 2015 Essential Training931,712 Views
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentals222,853 Views
Rhino 5 Essential Training894,222 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,293,357 Views