- View Offline
- Drawing 2D floor plans in SketchUp
- Selecting the right template and tools
- Creating components
- Cleaning up walls and creating door and window openings
- Using x-ray views when adding doors and windows
- Using layers to manage your views effectively
- Capturing materials to use in your design
- Applying materials to components
- Exporting your drawing as an image
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi. My name is Ed Cotey and welcome to SketchUp for Interior Design. This course is directed towards you, the interior designer who has an interest in, or wants to develop a workflow using SketchUp. This course contains a project-based set of exercises that takes you through how to create a 2D floor plan in SketchUp. And then follows through with creating a 3D model of a small residence, focusing primarily on the kitchen area. This will demonstrate how powerful of a program SketchUp can really be in giving your clients a rich and meaningful visual presentation.
This course also covers how to use SketchUp tools in layers effectively, strategies for creating components to add to your model, how to use and create materials, and setting up scenes that can be used in client presentations. So, if you're ready, I am. So let's go ahead and get started with SketchUp for Interior Design.