Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Sheathing the end wall with the door, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- Let's add some exterior sheathing to this end wall…around the door.…So to start with that let's first measure…how wide of a wall we have.…Press T and let's measure from the outside…of this plywood all the way over here…to what will be the outside of the other side,…so I'll hold down Shift and click right there.…So it's eight foot three,…a little bit wider than a full sheet.…So that's gonna kind of affect our planning…of how we're going to do this.…
So I'm going to envision a piece here,…it kind of goes in the middle,…another one, and then we'll have a little…strip on the end that's about three inches.…So to make that happen…I think what we're going to need to do…is copy this stud over, like that.…Let's move it over all the way and see,…it will actually provide more rigidity in the corner,…which is a good thing.…And we'll see where the plywood lands…when we get there.…So let's make a sheet over here…that covers up this area.…
So what I'm going to do is just copy this one…and then I want to rotate it,…so I'm going to zoom in here…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2015 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 54m Appropriate for all
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.