Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Shaping the external shell slopes: Pro method, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] It's now time to shape these walls…to the same pitch as the roof.…I'm using the solid tools to do this.…They're only available on the pro version of the software.…To access the solid tools right click on a blank bit…of toolbar and then come down to solid tools.…If you've got the Mac then go to the view menu…and then it's tool pallettes and solid tools.…Just tick that one.…Make sure that the west wing layer is selected.…And choose the pencil tool.…
Now click on this bit.…I'll make sure I'm clicking on the edge of that.…It wants to go in the blue direction…so you may have to zoom in a bit on that.…And then come back down to that.…So that's crated that shape.…So now I'm going to push/pull this all the way through…to the other side.…Okay?…It doesn't matter how far I go.…And I'm going to select the top surface…and I'm going to use the move tool,…M and move this up on the blue axis.…
So again if it's going all over the place,…hit the up arrow.…That will lock it out and constrain it…to the blue direction.…So no problems there.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.