Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Shaping the external shell slopes: Make method, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] We're going to make this slope in these walls…this time with the make option.…So, there's no solid tools to play with.…We have to use the intersect method.…It's just as easy,…slightly longer winded, that's all.…So, this is our component.…So, if we try to intersect outside of the component,…we won't actually get the cut or the lines mapped…onto this surface that we need.…So, you have to double-click to get into this component…and start editing it.…
So, west wing, that's the layer we want.…The pencil tool is the one.…Now, this sometimes gets a bit tricky tracking along here.…So, I'll track up to that bit and that bit, and hit escape.…And when I come down on this line,…seems to follow that a little bit better.…Then I'm going to go from endpoint to endpoint.…Hit escape again.…Then come to endpoint to endpoint.…That way it seems to draw it a little bit more easily.…Sometimes it just hangs onto the axis…and doesn't want to move.…
So, we're still inside of the components.…We're going to push/pull this all the way through.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.