In this video, learn how to control the way your SketchUp scenes look. Learn about how to change face styles from wireframe to hidden line, to shaded, to textured. Edge styles can also be modified to affect the look of the 3D scene, including profiles, depth cue, and extensions. X-Ray mode is also discussed.
- [Instructor] In addition to moving the camera around,…we can also change the way a scene looks by changing…the way that SketchUp displays faces and edges.…Now these are found under the View menu.…If we go into View,…you'll see we have both Edge Style and Face Style.…Right now, this scene is on Shaded With Textures,…so that means that the scene will show up with shading…and we can also see textures,…such as the wood texture of this siding.…
Now we can change these by going into View > Face Style,…and let's go ahead and select Wireframe.…Now when I select Wireframe, it takes off the shading…and just shows us the edges,…so we can kind of see through the building…and we can see where all of the geometry is located.…So this wirefame view has no shading at all.…If we go into Face Style > Hidden Line,…all of the back-facing edges disappear,…and so now we see the scene with no shading…but we have the lines hidden.…
If we go into Face Style > Shaded,…it adds color as well as shading.…So some areas of the scene will be darker or lighter…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Configuring toolbars and tray windows
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Measuring and labeling objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and rendering your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Draw in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Materials and Textures in Windows
8. Materials and Textures on the Mac
9. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.