Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Shade faces and edges, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- Now in addition to moving the camera around the scene…we can also change the character of the scene…by manipulating what are called edges and faces.…Now we have two options here under View,…we have Edge Style and Face Style.…So let's go ahead and take a look…at some of the Face Styles first.…Now by default we have what are called Shaded With Textures,…which is what we're looking at now.…But we have a number of other options here.…Let's go through them from bottom to top here.…
We have Wireframe mode,…which basically just shows us all the wires of the scene,…basically all the edges.…We have what's called Hidden Line mode,…which hides those edges that are behind us.…We have a Shaded mode,…which gives us basically the raw color of the scene…without photographic textures.…And then we go back to Shaded With Textures,…which is what we started with.…
Now in addition to this we also have…what's called a Monochrome view,…which basically shows you something that looks like this,…kind of a rough, greyscale view of the scene.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.