Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the scenes, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So In Chapter 05-06 we're going to be…setting up the scenes.…The process of adding elements and layers to scenes…is very simple.…The important thing, when you're tracing these scenes,…is that the geometry locations between the scenes…is the same, and you move it as little as possible.…There's nothing worse than things flying around…all over the place.…We'll be using a couple of little tips and tricks…to get everything to line up very nicely.…It's nothing complicated.…So before we start, we'd better make sure…we don't get any warnings from the Style Manager.…
So under the layers, we just click on this button here,…and untick Calibri there,…and that's going to set our Styles back the way they were.…And another tip, when you're creating lots of scenes,…is not necessarily to sort of add them all at one go,…which you can do through the Scenes Manager,…but add them one at a time,…so what happens then is the content that's on one scene…will get transferred to the next.…If you created a whole load in one go,…then you can have a whole load…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.