Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a depth of field effect, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- When it comes to adding a photographic depth-of-field effect…to our renders,…there are a couple of options available to us…whilst rendering with V-Ray and SketchUp.…We could, for instance, render…out a Zed or Z depth channel that can be used…in a post-production application such as Photoshop…to add a depth-of-field effect after the fact,…as it were.…If for some reason though we find…that we need to add physically accurate depth-of-field…to our renders,…then we will instead want…to make use of the V-Ray Physical Camera's built-in…depth-of-field capabilities.…Of course, whenever we are looking…to create in-scene art in render effects such as this,…we do need to keep in mind that many…of the choices we make in connection…with our camera set-up,…such as the focal length of the lens,…placement of the camera in the scene,…as well as all of the scene's compositional, lighting,…and exposure requirements,…will all, to some extent, affect how we both create…and control depth-of-field in our scene.…
We should also note here that any numeric values…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.