Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Select and move objects, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- Now let's manipulate some objects in SketchUp.…We're going to start off by selecting objects…and moving them.…The Select Tool is the Default Tool in SketchUp…so when you first open SketchUp, you'll get this…little arrow cursor and that's the Select Tool.…Now, if you're not in the Select Tool, you can always go…and get to it by going into Tools, Select.…Now, if you notice, the hotkey for this is the spacebar…and that's probably the easiest way to get to it…so if you're in some other Tool and you hit the spacebar,…you go immediately back to Select.…
Now selecting objects can be as simple as left-clicking so…if I hover over this object and left-click I've selected it.…I can select this object or this object as well.…Now, if we want to select multiple objects,…there are a number of ways.…One way is to just left-click and drag…and that will select everything within the marquee window.…Now if I want to deselect objects, all I have to do…is left-click outside of a selection and they will deselect…so again, I can draw a box around everything,…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.