Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Sections views, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015).
- So in Chapter 05-05 and we're going…to create some sections based on a very similar principle…to the floor plan.…You've got a rasterized backdrop…and an overlay of the vector.…These are generated from the Group from Slice…this is created via the section plane.…So we have Section AA running front to back…through the conservatory and the kitchen…and we have side to side section…which is looking at the landing and the stairs in elevation.…So if we just have a look at the previous drawing…which is our sort of coordinating drawing,…then Section BB runs this way…and section AA is running this way.…
This will give us an idea of where…to put our section planes.…Now obviously, we can move them wherever we want…and as it's a 3D model,…we can create many of these things…as we feel that we need.…So we'll pop back over into our sketch up drawing.…Chapter 05-05 and we need to create…the other two views.…So Add and then in our Scenes…let's go to Section AA and then hit enter.…
Similarly we'll right-click and Add.…Section BB, enter.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.