Model the trim and windows on the second floor on the front of the house from projected textures.
- [Instructor] In this video, let's work on…the second floor on the front of the building.…Let's go into photo one.…Double-click on the group to open it…and then select these two surfaces…and click the "Project textures from photo" button…and choose "No" when prompted.…Now orbit over and you'll see that we have an issue.…And that is, it looks good from this one angle…but as soon as we come over here,…the illusion is blown because we see the roof over here.…So, the solution to this is to actually…model the windows geometrically.…
So let's just come in here and work on this one first.…And then we'll do this one over here second.…I'm going to orbit around so I can see this corner up here…and press L for the line tool.…And I want to draw a line from the inner edge…of this piece of trim, about here,…and I'm going to, I want to draw that over in the green direction…all the way over to this opposite edge,…thereby subdividing the surface into two different pieces.…I'll press R for rectangle,…draw in a rectangle here to represent the whole window,…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.