Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Scale and rotate objects, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- In addition to selecting a moving objects in SketchUp,…we can also rotate and scale them.…So let's take a look at those tools.…I've got the Rotate tool here,…and we can also find it under Tools, Rotate.…Now, the hotkey for this is Q.…So let's go ahead and select the Rotate tool.…And as you can see, this little protractor…type icon comes up, and as we hover…over objects, notice how it sticks to…the dominant plane of that object,…so when I'm on the front of this chair,…it tends to stick to the green axis,…which is the axis along which the front of…the chair resides, if I go to the side of the chair…it sticks to the red axis, and the top of…the chair is on the blue axis.…
And the same for the table.…So in order to use this tool, all we have to…do is hover over a surface and allow it…to stick to a surface, and then we left-click...…And drag.…And as you can see, we're dragging out this line,…and then we left-click again, and now we can rotate.…So basically we create a starting point,…and then we can rotate through…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.