Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving as a template, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're in Chapter 07-05, Save as template.…And our completed title block and border,…I've added a few extra placeholders.…All this information is on the Titles LayOut,…which is not shared across all pages.…And to save this drawing as a template for future use,…we go File, Save as Template.…Before we do that, I'm just going to show you…where it's going to save the template files.…So under Edit and Preferences,…if you've got a Mac it's Layout and Preferences.…
The template folder paths are these.…So you've got the program data path…and you've got the local app user roaming SketchUp path.…If we save, File, Save as Template,…to the default templates,…it's going to put it in this folder path.…If I save it to My Templates,…it's going to put it in this one.…Though when you save a LayOut file as a template,…it just saves it as a LayOut file.…It doesn't save it as any special type of file,…It just saves it into a different location.…
So we can add an extra location.…Say we wanted to share across…several computers on a shared server.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.