Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving styles, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So, we've come to the end of chapter two.…We're now looking at number 10, and that's Saving styles.…And in this video, we'll be looking at how we can save…a collection of styles and where those styles would be saved…and also where these styles exist by default.…So, I'm going to the Window menu on the Windows software.…And I'll go down to Preferences, and this gives me…the System Preferences dialog box.…
Because this is a 2015 version of SketchUp and it's a 64-bit…then the default styles are saved in the Program files.…Earlier versions of SketchUp 2014, 2013, and earlier than…that, they would be saved under the x86.…If you're on a Google SketchUp version, then it's going…to be under the x86 and then in a subfolder called Google…and then you'll find SketchUp, and inside of that…you'll find the styles folder.…Now that style folder contains all of the default styles…that you get.…
So I'll just say OK to that.…Now, it's completely different on a Mac.…There is no files section on the System Preferences.…Every time you create custom content, it will be saved…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture (2014)with Paul J. Smith4h 48m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.