Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video References, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So we're in chapter 6-05 and we're going to look…at references because SketchUp and LayOut are linked.…You can also insert text files and…insert image files as well into LayOut for laying out.…There are a couple ways in which it deals with the…SketchUp file depending on whether you sent it…from SketchUp or you've inserted it.…Now normally you'd want to insert content into a…preconfigured sort of template file.…So sending it from LayOut won't give you that option.…
Every time you send a drawing from LayOut…it will open up a new file and that could be a template file…but it doesn't allow you then to insert that content…into the same drawing as other content…unless you cut and paste it from one to the other.…So it's kind of convoluted.…So the best way of doing it is to go…File and Insert.…This is already inserted.…I'm going to insert this one…which is called Reference1.…And that is going to sit inside my LayOut sheet.…
Now the beauty of having inserted content is…I can double click this and move it around…and zoom in, zoom out.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.