Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Rectangles, circles, and polygons, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're now in Chapter 12-07 and we're looking at…rectangles, circles and the polygon.…So the rectangle comes in four flavors,…and the basic rectangle tool isn't quite as flexible…as drawing a rectangle with the line tool,…but I'll show you how to adjust that in a second.…So you get the x and the y-value.…The shift key will constrain…to give you a square.…If I double-click this, then I don't get the nodes.…So it's not like drawing…one of these things.…
But as you see how painful this is to draw accurately.…I'll show you how you can quickly create…a rectangle that does give you more flexibility.…This does give me the nodes now that I can pull,…so that is quite useful.…This one, however, doesn't.…But it's probably quicker to create the rectangle…the size you want, split it,…and then you can double-click it…and drag the node to the end.…
Then you've got the flexibility,…just make sure you drag that node in.…So that's an option.…There's the "Rounded" corner rectangle,…so that gives you rounded corners.…You can adjust the scale of the corner, or the radius value,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.