Learn how to uninstall the dynamic components extension and then reinstall a newer version of it from the built-in Extensions Warehouse.
- [Instructor] I've opened the DC_Projects file, and this shows all the components that we'll be building in the project. I'll select one of them and right-click, choose Dynamic Components, Component Options. If you don't see this information over here in Component Options, if it's all blank, or if you don't even see a Dynamic Components option in the shortcut menu, then your extension has become corrupted. And this actually happened to me when I installed SketchUp Pro. Dynamic Components just weren't working.
And I'd like to show you how you can recover from just such a situation. So to do so, you need to uninstall the extension and then reinstall it from the Extension Warehouse. So let me show you how you do that. Go up to the Window menu, and open up the Extension Manager. And then disable the Dynamic Components extension. Say OK. Go to Manage, and then uninstall the Dynamic Components extension also.
And then close the Extension Manager. Then go up to the Window menu, and go to the Extension Warehouse. Type in Dynamic Components here. Choose it from the list. So the latest version of this extension will always be in the Extension Warehouse. So you can come in here and select it, Dynamic Components by SketchUp Team.
Uninstall, and then re-install. Well, if it doesn't say Install here, you'll need to sign up for a free Trimble account and log in. Once you've logged in, you'll be able to install the extension. And then you have to say Yes to give it file system access, which is necessary, so we say Yes. And then OK again, and then we can close this.
And then come back in to the Extension Manager. And it doesn't show up, but this is because we need to restart SketchUp. So we're going to quit SketchUp and relaunch it. Also, reopen the previous file. And then to verify that it works, we need to right-click, and I don't have Dynamic Components yet. So what I need to do is go back into the Extension Manager, and I need to enable this extension and apply changes.
Now I believe it will work. I'll right-click, and I do see Dynamic Components now. And I have Component Options, and I can see the interface. So it's working.
- Using premade dynamic components
- Saving dynamic components to local libraries
- Creating dynamic components: fences, bookcases, cabinets, and furniture
- Adding position and size attributes
- Adding formulas
- Creating swatch components
- Nesting component parts
- Adding an interface for custom attributes
- Animating component properties
- Dynamically scaling materials