Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Push and pull faces into 3D, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- One of the more efficient ways to create 3D geometry…in SketchUp is to use the Push/Pull tool.…This tool allows us to push and pull,…or basically extrude flat faces…into 3D objects.…Let's start off with a rectangle.…Choose my rectangle tool…and just draw out a random rectangle.…The Push/Pull tool is found here on the toolbar,…or if we go into Tools it's Push/Pull.…
The hotkey for this is the letter P.…When I do this, notice how the cursor changes.…What I have to do with this tool is find a face.…If I hover over a face, notice how it highlights.…If I left click and drag over that highlighted face,…I can pull this rectangle up into a box.…This is much simpler than drawing a box from scratch.…In addition to this, you can use the Push/Pull tool…to reshape existing objects.…
If I hover over any one of these faces,…I can left click and drag,…and the effect is the same as selecting that face…and moving it.…Basically, I'm just pushing this face back and forth.…I can do this really with anything…to resize it.…You can also use the Control key…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.