Rough in the volume of the first floor and the front porch using the Push/Pull and Line tools.
- [Instructor] Let's continue modeling and let's…focus on the first floor down here…and this porch that sticks out.…So to begin with I'll orbit,…then press P for the push/pull tool,…pull this surface out,…press the Option key on the Mac…or the Control key in Windows…to leave a copy of the original edges behind.…And I find that in practice I usually have to…press the Option key or Control key…a couple of times before this mode takes affect.…
I'll click a point over here,…go back to Photo1,…and then click on the front surface and…pull it forward.…I'm going to match up the vertical edge here,…with the trim that I see in the photo.…Then orbit again,…pull this surface over,…go to Photo1,…and match up the width of the building…to the photograph over there.…
The next thing I need to do is…pull a porch out.…To do that I don't want to move this…surface forward.…Instead I need to break that surface…into two different surfaces.…And we can accomplish that by using…the line tool.…So press L for line,…and sketch in a line along this lower portion…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.