Project pixels from a matched photo onto a 3D component, and learn how to copy textures between faces.
- [Instructor] Let's begin the texture mapping process…by selecting this column pier object…and then going to the Photo1 scene.…Click this button, project textures from photo.…We're prompted whether we want SketchUp to trim…partially visible faces.…Let's choose yes and see what happens.…Then orbit slightly and observe that the textures…were projected onto these surfaces.…
If you orbit around, you'll see that the textures…do not appear on the sides or the back of the column pier,…because these are invisible…from the the perspective of Photo1.…Also, down here at the bottom of the pier,…there's a white area.…This is white because, from the perspective of Photo1,…that area is obscured by this object in the foreground.…So SketchUp automatically trimmed…these partially visible faces,…because we chose yes in that prompt dialog box.…
Now this isn't exactly the result that I'm looking for.…I'm going to undo and try this again.…I'll go back to Photo1 and then click this button…and choose No this time.…The difference is that SketchUp did not try…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.