After projecting a photo texture, adjust its position with fixed pins and learn how to turn off snap while adjusting.
- [Instructor] Now let's focus on texture mapping…this surface right here.…Go to photo three, select this group object,…double click to open it,…and then select the surface in question.…Click the project textures from photo button,…and choose No when prompted.…We don't want to trim any partially visible faces.…Now orbit and you'll see the result.…As you orbit over here you'll see that this white up here…and the windows seem to shifted to the left.…
And this happened because of…the viewing angle in photo three.…It looks good from photo three,…but the illusion is sort of blown when we orbit over here.…So to compensate for that I'll right click on the surface…and go to texture, position, and I see the colorful pins.…If you don't see the colorful pins you'll need…to right click and check fixed pins from this menu.…I don't need to do that though,…'cause they're already setup.…Now I can drag this red pin to move the texture over,…but as I do that I only want to move it short distance.…
And as I try to do that it kind of fights with itself…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.