Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Placing the insulation clip, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details (2015).
- So we'll make sure now the insulation clips…are positioned correctly.…We're in chapter 3-08,…and if I select our insulation clip,…and we'll move it into position.…So with the Move tool,…find the top intersection of this…back point of the end point…of this inside face.…And then we will position…this one…at that intersection point…of these four cavity bats.…Now we need to move this up 30 mil…because it's 60 from top to bottom.…
So with the Move tool,…move it up on the blue axis 30 mil.…So that's the first one put in.…Then we'll copy this…to this point…and then we'll copy another sort of…'round about here somewhere.…So, with this selected,…M for move and tap the Control key…or the Option Alt key on the Mac.…And 1200 in that direction.…We'll go 2X, enter.…So we can make a copy of it.…
But then we'll just drag this in…a distance, say about there will be fine.…Now we can select this one…and shift select…to add these two extra clips.…Back to the Move tool…and we'll come up 450…using that copy command.…And then 2X…to take it to the top.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.