Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing your model with layers and scenes, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] So the final bit of the preamble…before we crack on with building this model,…so this house, is looking at organizing the geometry…not as groups or components but as layers.…And then controlling those layers in scenes.…A little bit of information relating to that…will go an awful long way.…So in this model, we've got various objects…contained on certain layers.…So if I expand the layer option in the tray…and we'll look at the sort of layers we've got.…So we've got layer zero, CAD plans, et cetera.…
Most of these are ticked with the exception…of the CAD plans.…So if I just tick that on we can see that…we've got the CAD drawings which are going to be used…to model the geometry from.…And we've only got sort of a visible options on this.…There is a color thing to identify it,…but that appears in styles a bit further down the line.…So I'll turn the CAD plans off.…So it's either on or off.…So if I want to quickly hide the roof geometry…then I just un-tick that.…And I can see now inside.…
Okay, if I wanted to work on something in the corner…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.