The Offset tool is helpful when you want to replicate a shape within itself or outside of itself. Explore how to do this on kitchen cabinet doors.
- [Instructor] The Offset tool is helpful…when you want to replicate a shape…within itself or outside of itself.…In this example, we're going to give each door some trim.…Activate the Offset tool by clicking the Offset icon above,…or the letter F.…To remember this shortcut,…I like to think of offset, F for offset.…Click and release on the face that you'd like to offset,…and you can move your cursor inward or outward.…In this case, we're going to move it inside of itself.…
I'd like this offset distance to be one inch,…so I'm going to type one, enter.…Now, instead of typing one, enter for all of these faces,…I can just double click on the next faces,…and it will remember that one inch offset.…So go ahead and continue…to offset those faces.…The offset tool can be kind of finicky.…Sometimes if you move your cursor at all…between those double clicks,…it's going to set the offset down right where your cursor was.…
So you'll have to undo that, command + z,…and start over with the measurement.…Let's go ahead and click on the FloorPlan tab above,…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.