Creating your first project in SketchUp requires learning many concepts, menu items and graphical options. When you take your next steps in SketchUp, you may want to delve deeper into advanced topics for this 3D modeling program and explore similar applications, such as Revit. Watch this online course to learn about related tutorial options for SketchUp users.
By this point, you should be able to create an effective 3D model in SketchUp using the tools and techniques covered in this course. If you are interested in learning more about SketchUp, or the interior design process, there are some additional resources that you can look at. First of all, under lynda.com, there are two courses on Revit for interior designers. The first one is Interior Walls by me, Ed Codey. The second one is also Revit by Interior Designers, Space Planning, by me as well.
Also George Maestri has produced SketchUp Pro Tools and Techniques, which covers many of the tools used in these videos. Additionally, check out the SketchUp website, which includes many helpful videos on the various SketchUp tools. Another resource, for those looking for classroom instruction, is to check out your local community college, particularly, their continuing education department, which may offer courses on SketchUp.
- Drawing 2D floor plans in SketchUp
- Selecting the right template and tools
- Creating components
- Cleaning up walls and creating door and window openings
- Using x-ray views when adding doors and windows
- Using layers to manage your views effectively
- Capturing materials to use in your design
- Applying materials to components
- Exporting your drawing as an image