Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We're pretty much…done with this series.…I'm just going to sum up here with…a few bits and pieces that you might consider.…We've covered a lot of ground from the…start of series one and it was always…my intention to enable designers,…architects, whoever has an interest in Sketch Up,…with a robust set of tools to enable you…to get the most out of it.…There are tons and tons of plug-ins that enable…a lot of extra functionality with…some of these things, but it's never…been my intention just do a series of plug-ins…because they're there for you to discover.…
When you find that you understand how to…use Sketch Up properly, then the plug-ins…will enhance that use.…But if you don't use Sketch Up correctly,…you don't use your groups properly,…you don't use components properly,…then you will come unstuck very quickly…and it's exactly the same with LayOut.…You can cobble something together in LayOut…quite easily but understanding how LayOut…links back to Sketch Up and where it stores…the files and how important it is to…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.