Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details (2015).
- In this third series of SketchUp for Architecture,…we spend a little bit more time investigating…some of the finer details of using SketchUp…for construction purposes.…Building these elements, brick by brick and block by block,…gives us a greater insight into how SketchUp can be used…for construction purposes…and to explain the construction process,…especially when you link it back to Layout.…In the final part of this SketchUp for Architecture series,…I'll be spending a little bit more time explaining…how we can generate these 2-D details from 3-D elements.…
We won't be building these from scratch.…As part of being in architect or designer,…understanding the construction process…and then, using SketchUp to enable you…to generate these things…is all part of the course.…And hopefully, you'll find Detail is much more fun…when you link it with SketchUp and Layout.…Another aspect of it is using Layout…to create some more compelling visual effects…with this steel structure,…and we'll look at how SketchUp can nest components.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.