Learn about how to navigate in SketchUp 2016 using a three-button mouse along with keyboard shortcuts. Learn how to pan the camera, orbit around a scene, and zoom using keyboard shortcuts. Then move on to mouse-based interactivity that allows you to navigate with the mouse alone.
- [Instructor] The first thing we need to learn in SketchUp…is how to navigate, how to get around our 3D view port.…Now we navigate by moving the camera within the view port.…So all of our navigation tools are found…under the Camera menu.…Now if I go down here you'll see I have three options here:…Orbit, Pan, and Zoom.…And the hotkey for that is O, H, and Z.…Now Orbit allows us to orbit around the scene.…So I'm going to select the Orbit option here…and notice how my icon changes.…
All I have to do is left click and drag…and we can orbit our scene.…So if I drag left and right, we orbit left and right…and I can also drag up and down.…Now the next tool is Pan.…Now the hotkey for this is H, and that's because…the icon for this is this little hand.…And this just allows me to left click and drag,…and again I can just move the camera around the scene…to position it where I want.…
And finally we also have Zoom.…The hotkey for that is Z.…Now this isn't a real camera zoom,…it's actually more of what we call a truck.…It moves the camera in and out.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Configuring toolbars and tray windows
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Measuring and labeling objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and rendering your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Draw in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Materials and Textures in Windows
8. Materials and Textures on the Mac
9. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.