Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigate in SketchUp, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- SketchUp is a 3D design program, and because of that…we have to navigate our scenes in 3D.…So let's take a look at some…of the tools we can use to navigate.…The navigation tools are found under the Camera menu.…So under Camera, we have a number of tools here.…The most important of which are Orbit, Pan, and Zoom.…And the hot keys for these are O, H, and Z.…So let's start with Orbit.…When I select Orbit, notice how the Orbit tool…here in the toolbar also depresses.…
So we can get to it using this toolbar as well.…Now once I have the Orbit tool selected, all I have to do…is left click and drag, and I can orbit around my scene.…So this basically changes the angle…that I'm looking at it through the camera.…The next tool is called the Pan tool.…If I look at it here, we have Pan.…The hot key is H, but if you notice the icon…for this is a hand, and that's why…the hot key for this is the letter H.…
That stands for hand.…Again, I can select this by left-clicking and dragging.…And basically, it just moves the camera left and right.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.