Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving around the model, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] So chapter 02_02 is all about…moving around the model.…So it's not just as simple as orbiting, zooming in and out,…and panning.…But there are some other techniques that we can use…to get inside the model,…and sort of ease our way around internal spaces,…and also we can use section cuts.…So I'll show you all those in this video.…So the simple stuff first,…orbit, that's this icon,…or it's pressing the wheel down of your mouse…and holding it down.…Or it's the letter O on the keyboard.…
All of those bring up the orbit command.…The hand, or the hand tool,…so you click on the hand icon,…that allows you to pan around.…So again, press your finger down on your left mouse button,…and that's panning.…It's H, the letter on the keyboard.…So H for hand.…And then you can use these, if I hit the Spacebar…on my keyboard, that takes me back to the select option,…this one here.…If I press the wheel down on the mouse, I get the orbit.…If I hold Shift down as well,…I've got the pan.…
Okay, take my finger off the Shift key,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.