Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video More than one section, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- This is the penultimate video in this chapter,…and we are looking at adding more…than one section in a scene.…And, in the process of setting this up…and noticing a couple of things happening,…I've realized that it's also possible…to have one animated section cut in an object.…So, I'll just explain that process, as well,…based on what I've recently discovered.…It's not as flexible as animating…between two Section Planes,…having an active and inactive,…but it does allow a certain amount of flexibility.…
So, what we've got here is a cylinder,…with a box inside that,…and a sphere inside that.…They're all on separate Layers,…just for ease so I can control…each object.…I've got two Styles.…This Style is an Xray Style,…with the Planes and the cuts,…and this one is just shaded with the cut.…I've got no Section Planes at the moment.…The normal process,…when you apply a Section Plane is…to click on an object, the orientation that you want,…and you get to cut through the object.…
Now what I often get asked is,…whether it's possible just to cut through, maybe,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.