Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying material positions, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So, Chapter 06-04, we're going to look at…modificaton of material positions,…and just run through some of the aspects of…applying material as well to various objects.…I've got some unconnected geometry.…This is a reverse face.…And I've got a group,…and I've got the matching components…of those two components,…which are the same thing.…Let's concentrate on this unconnected geometry first.…This surface looks different than the rest.…Not because I have applied a material to it,…but I've reversed the face.…
Now, on the Styles window, you can see that…every surface has a front and back color.…If I select that surface, then you'll notice up here…in entity info there's a front and a back color as well.…The only way I can flip this around to the white color…is by right-clicking on it and reversing face.…So that's really what happens with unconnected geometry.…On the entity info, you see the inside color…and the outside color.…
Now, if you select an object, there's only one box…appears on the entity info.…This is because what we're looking at…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 24m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.