Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling windows and frames, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- In this video we're going to add some trim…to the interior surface of the slide out edges,…as well as building trim around the windows…and the windows themselves.…So let's create a new Layer called Slideout Trim…and make it current.…Draw a rectangle from this corner…all the way down to the opposite corner down here.…Press the space bar to select and double click on the…rectangle that you just drew.…
Press "G" to make a group and then double click…to go in that group; you may have to press "N"…if necessary to display the rest of the model.…Press "R" and draw another rectangle inside here…starting in that corner and going up…here to the corresponding opposite corner.…Press the space bar, click the interface,…and press delete; press "N" to hide the rest of the model.…And then press "L" to go the line tool.…
Sketch in some miter lines on each one of the corners.…I'll press "Z" to go out and then "L" again,…space bar and "L", space bar and "L",…then "P" and pull this forward 3/4 inch,…and then pull each board over…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2015 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 54m Appropriate for all
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.