Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling the toilet room and its door, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- In this video, let's go ahead and build the walls…that go around the toilet room.…To see that, we need to rotate the section plane.…So go to the Styles window, toggle on the…Section Plane and select it, press Q to rotate, and rotate…the section plane around the blue axis 90 degrees,…and then hide it and close Styles.…Let's check out the toilet room over here.…And before we start modeling anything,…let's make a new layer called "Cabinets"…because I am going to approach this…more or less as a cabinet project rather than real walls.…
This is extra thick plywood here that's sturdy…and thin enough to give us enough room left over…in the tiny house for all of the uses that we need.…So let's go ahead and draw a rectangle, press R,…and draw that rectangle right here in the plan,…and then let's press P and pull it up,…seven foot four, enter, triple click on it and press G,…and then press B, and let's assign…the plywood material to it.…
Okay, and now let's go over here and continue.…Type R for rectangle, draw two rectangles,…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2015 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 54m Appropriate for all
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.