Using the Push/Pull tool, extrude the building up to represent the second floor, and the volume above the second floor as well.
- [Instructor] At this point, we have…barge boards representing the roof slopes,…but we have no building volume yet to meet that,…so let's rectify the situation by coming…in here and double-clicking on the first floor object,…press P for the Push/Pull Tool,…and pull this surface up.…Press the Option key or the Control key in Windows…to leave a copy of the original edges behind.…Then go into photo one, and let's pull this up…to this height so that this top edge…is parallel to the end of the white trim right there.…
So that represents the volume of the second floor.…If you look closely, you may observe…that this portion of the wall is actually popped forward.…We need to represent that in the model.…And what I'd like to do is subdivide…this surface into two separate surfaces,…and I can't see the whole surface right now…because it's being partially obscured by this roof.…Let's hide that roof by going View,…Component Edit, Hide Rest of Model.…
This will hide everything that isn't part of this group.…Now, I can press L for line and draw in a vertical line.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.