Model three beams that hold up the porch roof.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'd like…to model the beams that hold up the roof…here above the porch.…Thus far, all of the modeling…that we've done has been in the same modeling context.…That means that all of these edges…and surfaces are selectable directly.…I'd like the beams that I make to be separate objects.…So, what I need to do is triple-click…on any one of the surfaces here…to select All Contiguous, and then go up…to the Edit menu and choose Make Group.…
This will protect all of this information…by placing it into this group container.…Now when I make new objects, they'll…be separate from what I've modeled so far.…So let's go back to photo one, zoom…in here, press R for the Rectangle Tool…and sketch in a rectangle along that piece…of trim and pull it forward using…the Push/Pull Tool.…I'll orbit, and then pull this up.…Now, this is independent of the rest…of the model because it's in a separate modeling…context at this point.…
That is, it's not part of that group.…I'm going to pull it up about this far…and then, I'll press the space bar…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.