The garage gets its form by pulling up a rectangle, and using the Push/Pull tool to adjust its volume. In this video, add trim and a niche for the garage.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our first matched photo,…I'd like to start adding rectangular volumes.…Let's begin by modeling the garage.…I'll orbit by dragging the mouse wheel,…press R for rectangle, and click the first corner…of the rectangle at the origin point.…Then click another corner of the rectangle…over here somewhere at some arbitrary location…to finish drawing that surface.…Press P for the push-pull tool,…click on this surface, and pull it up.…
I'm not sure how high it should be yet,…so I'll go back to Photo1 scene by clicking on the label,…and then I'll zoom in here by rolling the mouse wheel.…I'll click on this surface and move it over.…Now if you look closely, you'll see a bit of trim up here…that's brighter, so this bright area…actually represents the left side of the building.…So this vertical line should be more or less parallel…with that implied vertical line just there.…
We also need to make this taller,…so I'll orbit, click on the top surface,…and then click on Photo1.…Observe that the perspective takes a couple of seconds…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.