By comparing photos four and five, model the dining room walls and trim them off with the roof surfaces.
- [Narrator] Now that we have the dining room…roof sorted out, let's go ahead and model…the dining room volume underneath.…So, I'll press R for rectangle,…and draw a rectangle snapping the first corner here…and the opposite corner somewhere over in this area,…then press P and pull this up and have it go…all the way through the roof, like that.…I'll click this right side,…and then, go into Photo 4 and adjust the position…of that, according to the photo.…
I'll also adjust the left side, move it over.…Now, it's hard to say if this is moved over, or undo,…this might be moved back.…You see, it could be either way and we wouldn't…be able to tell in this photo.…So, let's go into Photo 5 and see if we…have any information here that would help.…I'll move this over.…And let's try that again.…
Move this back a little bit.…So, it's matching up fairly well in Photo 5.…How does it look in Photo 4?…It looks like I could pull this forward a little bit here.…Now, I'm going to orbit and kind of do…a reality check here in the model to make sure…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.