Model a decorative beam end and copy it around as a component.
- [Instructor] I notice that there are decorative beam ends…that stick out here…that would be a nice detail to add,…so I'll come in here and orbit…and then go ahead and draw a rectangle…tracing over the surface here…and then I'll pull that forward,…then go back to Photo 1…and have a look at that.…I think I brought it out…a little too far.…And it looks like it's beveled on the end…and we can simulate that…by first using the offset tool, O…and offsetting the edges in a short distance…and then I'll draw line segments…connecting these points,…press the space bar…and then L,…click those two points,…press the space bar…and then L again down here…to create the geometry necessary…to allow us to pull this forward.…
Now I can double click on this surface,…use the move tool…and move that forward a little bit.…And that will create this beveled look.…Now I'll press the space bar,…triple click on this surface to select all contiguous…and let's make that a component…called DecorativeBeamEnd…and let's go ahead and copy that…over to the other side…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.