Only having one photo to base the roof slope, eyeball the ridge location and model two bargeboards.
- [Instructor] Our next job…is to model this roof, and the barge boards come first.…But we can't use the techniques that we've used earlier,…because we only have this one photo…that shows us this information.…So, we can't use the Photo Point tool,…which we used previously.…And that requires at least two photos…to create guidelines from.…So, we're going to have to approach this…in a different way.…I'll draw a line from the midpoint in this group,…straight up in the blue direction.…And then, I'll zoom in up here,…and draw another line.…
And I'm just going to eyeball that line,…and click along the edge, right here.…And then draw the line in the green direction.…And this point should then represent the top…of the barge boards,…because the roof does overhang the wall a short distance.…So, now I will go ahead and draw in a line,…in the red direction.…And then, select that line,…and choose Tools, Rotate.…
Position the cursor right here,…press the left arrow to indicate the green direction,…and then click to set the axis.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.