Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Mixing new styles, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're in CH02-09,…this is "Mixing new styles,"…and we're gonna show you how to…mix styles with this Mix tab…and how to create some new styles, as well.…So, creating new styles is easy.…You either right-click and "Make a copy,"…or you go to this option and click Create New Style.…They both do exactly the same thing.…They're creating a style based on our existing style.…And so I'm gonna scrub across that…and call this one "New Mix,"…and then click on this box to update that setting.…
So now I've got Shaded and I've got New Mix,…both exactly the same to start off with.…I'll then click on the Mix tab,…and this is gonna bring up these settings.…So I've got Modeling Settings,…Watermark, Background, Face, and Edge Settings,…which are all of these ones.…And what this allows me to do…is to sample these settings from any of these styles…that I've got access to.…You can have many more than this.…So say I went to Sketchy Edges,…and I liked the Sketchy Edges of this one, Pen Red.…
I can click on that…and then paint those settings into my Edge Settings.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.