Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Material dialog box (Windows), part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So Chapter 06-02 we are looking at materials.…In the Windows environment, the Materials window…is loaded from the Window menu,…so down to Materials and that will load that.…Alternatively, you've got the Paint Bucket tool,…and that's B on the keyboard or click on the icon…and that will also launch it.…So this is slightly more compact than it is in the Mac,…and it's slightly easier to get access to…and create new materials.…But I'll just run through the main things that we've got.…So I'm showing the In Model materials.…
These represent the ones that we've created,…or we will create, and add to our objects.…These little triangles mean that it's applied to something.…If there's no triangle on the corner of something…then it's not been applied to something,…and if you want to purge out anything you don't want…then on the Details button, just click on that to expand it…and you can Purge Unused.…You could delete all of them as well,…if you wanted to. I wouldn't advise you did that.…The other nice thing about the Windows environment…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.