Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Material dialog box (Mac), part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- Chapter six oh three, we're looking at the Material…dialogue box in the MAC environment.…This is it.…It's loaded up in a similar way,…even though it's called Colors,…Window and Materials will get you there as well…as the paint bucket, as also this…little icon which is part of the customized toolbar…in the MAC, right click on this sort of grey area,…Customize Toolbar, and then you'll find it…and drag it to the toolbar,…and you're there.…
We are looking at the same model…with the same materials.…If I just hit this drop down this shows…me all the lists as they're called in the MAC,…and Colors in Model, so…this is what we're looking at.…This is also assessable by clicking on…this thing.…The other ones you've got by default,…the Asphalt and Concrete.…I haven't loaded up the bonus materials,…so this is what you are given to start off with,…so well worth having access to the bonus pack.…I'll just go back to the Colors in Material.…
The lists are generated from this column,…so a new list duplicates an existing list,…and delete all lists,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture (2014)with Paul J. Smith4h 48m Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.