By adjusting the axis bars, carefully scale the coordinate system and position the origin point to align the second photo to the model.
- [Instructor] Let's go ahead and match a second photo into our project. Go to the Window menu and open up Match Photo. And then click the plus symbol here to add a new matched photo. Select Photo Two, and Open. Now we're presented with the axis bars and it's a little bit more confusing than it was when we matched the first photo because now we have a model in here that we need to deal with. We also should recall that we chose to put the green axis along the front of the building.
So we need to stay consistent with that orientation. So we need to move these axis bars over to the front of the building. And we'll use the red axis bars over here on the side of the building. So now I need to go ahead and move these handles to correspond with edges that are along the front surface of the building.
I'm just going to roughly position them at first. And then over here I need to move these handles around to match up with the geometry on the side of the building. So now the model that we have is roughly oriented. We can then move the origin point over, and start to match things up. Now I'm going to take a little more care with the positioning of the handles.
So I'll zoom in by rolling the mouse wheel. And I'll go ahead and tweak these positions just to line things up a little more accurately. And then over here, I need to zoom in and choose one of these edges here and line this up. Hard to see over there 'cause of the trees in the way.
And down here. That looks fairly good. Now the next thing we need to do is move this over so that the garage lines up. But I suspect that the scale is off. So what we need to do to correct that is drag up and down on the blue axis. So I'm going to make it a little smaller and then adjust the origin point location.
And things are starting to come into alignment a little more closely. Maybe it needs to be slightly larger. And then I'll just adjust this. And I'm paying attention to the way that the inset niche in the garage and this edge of the building are lining up. And I'm also trying to pay attention to the way that the columns are lining up. And I'd say that it's coming together. So at this point, I will click Done.
And now we have photo two. Now this photo actually looks very good in terms of the location of this pier and column. Whereas we had a bit of a mismatch over here in photo one. And this is quite typical. You'll find that additional photos will give new information that allow you to line things up a little more readily. So in the next video, we'll build out the roof here that goes over the beam structure that we've created thus far.
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping