Match the third photo in order to get information about the gable on the left side of the house.
- [Instructor] In order to model this roof,…we need to add an additional photo…so that we can get the angle right.…I'll go to photo one…and choose window, match photo,…and then click on the plus symbol up here…and select photo three.…Again, we have kind of a bewildering array…of different elements here,…and we need to recall that the front of the building…is in the green direction.…So I need to use these axis bars…and align them to something on the front of the building.…
And I have a couple of different…elements here which I can see in the photograph…or just barely,…'cause the trees are really obscuring most of this.…I can come in here…and make these adjustments,…and then let's go…over here on this side.…And it looks like we have…a line that we can trace, basically…here in the photo.…
And then over here on this side,…we need to make these red bars…go along some elements here…that are parallel to the red direction.…So come in here…and just fine tune those.…Okay, so it's roughly in position.…
And now we need to move the origin point…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.